Lord, Thou Hast Searched Me (Psalm 139)
1. Lord, Thou hast searched me and dost know
Whereer I rest, whereer I go;
Thou knowest all that I have planned,
And all my ways are in Thy hand.
2. My words from Thee I cannot hide;
I feel Thy power on every side;
O, wondrous knowledge, awful might,
Unfathomed depth, unmeasured height!
3. Where can I go apart from Thee,
Or whither from Thy presence flee?
In heaven? It is Thy dwelling fair;
In deaths abode? Lo, Thou art there.
4. If I the wings of morning take,
And far away my dwelling make,
The hand that leadeth me is Thine,
And my support Thy powr divine.
5. If deepest darkness cover me,
The darkness hideth not from Thee;
To Thee both night and day are bright,
The darkness shineth as the light.